Since the time electricity has been invented, different methods of power generation has been implemented to make the lives of people easier. Power generation is to transform different kinds of energy sources to convert it to electricity.
Some of the methods that are being implemented to this date are as follows:
1. Solar power - Solar power utilizes the sun's immense energy that can be converted to another type of energy and this is electricity. There are solar collectors and solar panels that can collect the sun's energy to make electricity that can be distributed to any household. Solar energy is renewable and it helps diminish pollution.
The only downside to this is the cost and the efficiency to produce energy.
2. Wind power - This is another method of power generation that produces energy. Wind turbines can be constructed in places where the wind is quite strong to generate electricity. Wind power is also eco-friendly and it is renewable. The only disadvantage to this is that it is limited to windy places.
3. Geothermal power - Geothermal power uses underground steam that comes from vents in volcanoes. Geothermal plants are constructed to produce electrical power. Geothermal energy is abundant in places where there are many volcanoes and springs.
4. Hydro power - Hydro power is one of the largest energy source in the world. Almost 70 percent of the world utilizes hydropower to produce enough energy. Power generation dams are constructed to produce electricity that can be distributed to different households.
Although hydropower plants produce a large amount of energy, it disrupts the natural ecosystem within its surrounding area. Other places can also be dried up because water is being contained inside the dam.
5. Fossil fuels - Fossil fuels like coal, oil and natural gas can also generate energy. Countries in the Middle East are rich in fossil fuels. The advantage of this kind of energy source is it can produce a lot of energy hat can be used in power plants cars and other machineries.
The only set back to this is pollution. Fossil fuel is the number one producer of waste gases that destroys our environment. It is also non-renewable that is why it is already depleting as of now.
6. Tidal energy. The powerful tide in the sea can also be harnessed to produce energy and electricity. Although it is viable, it is quite rare for countries to set a tidal power plant. First, it is expensive and secondly you need a huge tide to produce enough energy.
7. Biomass - Biomass can be the answer to non-renewable resources to generate power. Experts and scientist have been developing the potential of biomass energy to produce enough energy for people to use.
8. Nuclear energy - Nuclear energy has its advantages and disadvantages. Since the discovery of nuclear fission, nuclear power has been in demand to produce enough energy and electricity. The downside to this is the hazards it can give when accident occurs just like the Chernobyl nuclear plant.
These are the methods of power generation that can be used to have energy and electricity to make the lives of people easier and better.
Expert articles on Diesel Power Generators [http://www.powergenerator.com.tw/eng] and Gas Power Generators [http://www.powergeneratorchina.com.cn/eng]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Katie_Janet_Josh/698653